Home

Dodge Caravan slow acceleration

If your Dodge Caravan won't accelerate, that is a serious cause for concern. There are a lot of different reasons that can cause this. Diagnosing the issue can be narrowed down by whether the engine is still revving when you push the gas or not. There is a section for each scenario with likely causes for each My 2006 Caravan has roughly 120000 miles on the engine, and has started having real issues with driveability and gas mileage. The van starts up normal, and very slow acceleration is fine. If you attempt to go at higher speeds, acceleration is extremely slow, sometimes not even allowing the transmission to shift into higher gear. Doesn't feel like there are any misfires 2001 dodge caravan v6 3.3 hesitates, slow acceleration, bucks, occasional stalls can't keep constant speed, engine light - Answered by a verified Dodge Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website 2003 Caravan SXT 3.3L / 1997 Grand Voyager SE 3.0L / 1991 Plymouth Voyager 3.0L / 1989 Plymouth Voyager 2.5L / 1988 Caravan 3.0L / 1984 Caravan 5 Speed Stick Save Share Repl

Common Reasons Your Dodge Caravan Wont Accelerate

Show example Dodge Grand Caravan Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection prices Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection Service It can be frustrating for any driver to expect certain acceleration from their vehicle only to find that the vehicle seems to be hesitant while speeding up My 2006 Caravan has roughly 120000 miles on the engine, and has started having real. issues with driveability and gas mileage. The van starts up normal, and very slow. acceleration is fine. If you attempt to go at higher speeds, acceleration is extremely. slow, sometimes not even allowing the transmission to shift into higher gear check engine, again The acceleration problem stops when I disconnect the battery cables for a while, and then drive it again. The acceleration problem ONLY happens after the check engine light comes on--it seems the light coming on triggers this response (or lack of) I had similar experience with my 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. After a lengthy drive, both local and highway, my van kept accelerating even after the cruise control was off and my foot off gas pedal. I could not get the car to slow down except by tapping the brakes which caused the lightning bolt to appear on dashboard

Dodge Caravan Questions - Loss of power and bad gas

2003 dodge caravan is slow to pick up speed 2003 dodge caravan 3.3 V6 engine is slow to pick up speed when trying - Dodge 2003 Caravan question. Search Fixya Relatively small holes in that area will cause poor acceleration and a lean condition in the motor and loss of power or hesitation. Also check the plastic air tubes going from the air. • Dodge Caravan slow/weak acceleration • Or, where you stating that the engine is losing electrical power. Moreover, does the minivan make any noises when the problem happens i.e. backfire, ticking noise, etc. Does the vehicle jerk while accelerating? Is there a check engine light and is the light blinking

2001 dodge caravan v6 3

1. 2001 Caravan 3.3. Van was running great then while driving down the road it was as if someone flipped a switch. It started missing, hesitating and just running rough. It ran okay (not great) when the throttle was pressed about 1/3 the way down. No miss, no stumble- smooth
  2. The engine hesitation on your Dodge may be created by problems in one or more components. In most cases, a bad throttle position sensor (TPS) fails to signal the engine computer about throttle operation. Other causes may be bad or worn out components in the ignition secondary system, causing the engine to accelerate poorly and even stall
  3. The Dodge Caravan 2.5d has an acceleration of 12 seconds from 0 to 60 mph. And that puts the vehicle into the 1873rd place in our ANTI-rating of diesel cars with the slowest acceleration. Find out which cars take the first 10 places! The slowest diesel cars - they take ages from 0 to 60 mph (0-100 km/h
  4. ation of the electronic throttle and traction control warning lights. The contact attempted to stop the vehicle but the brake pedal could not be depressed

When driving on the highway or city, the vehicle will begin to lose acceleration. Even when you put the pedal to the metal. A recent trip to our local Dodge dealer was unable to repair or.. The 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan has 22 NHTSA complaints for the vehicle speed control at 59,322 miles average. (Page 1 of 2 If your Dodge Dakota won't accelerate, that is a serious cause for concern. There are a lot of different reasons that can cause this. Diagnosing the issue can be narrowed down by whether the engine is still revving when you push the gas or not. There is a section for each scenario with likely causes for each If you are looking for speed and fast acceleration, you will not find it in the Dodge Caravan. It has a sluggish acceleration that does not measure up to competitors in the same category of minivans. While the Dodge Caravan is functional, you will not find state of the art technology that is common in many models in the market nowadays

Very slow acceleration: throttle? The Chrysler Minivan

1. I Will Start To Lose Power When Pushing The Gas I Can Push The Gas Peddal All The Way To... Asked by swilder5 · 48 ANSWERS. 2007. DODGE CARAVAN. Why Do I Lose Acceleration?... 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan.235,000+ Miles. Starts Perfectly. After Being.
  2. ivans that was produced by Chrysler.It was produced from the 1984 to 2020 model years and was offered as both a passenger van and a cargo van. The short-wheelbase Caravan was introduced alongside the Plymouth Voyager in 1983 and was marketed as the Dodge version of the Chrysler
  3. 2003 Grand Caravan Sport. Surges then stalls. Engine acceleration is automatic, (not pressing gas pedal) This problem will not happen all the time. Problem w..
  4. SOURCE: 1999 Dodge Caravan running rough at idle and lack of acceleration Here are a few things to check that aren't that exspencive to do. check you'r o2 scener and the map scencer.try tapping on the cadiletice convertor to see if can hear any rattling if there is any rattliling the cadiletice converter could be clogged and will need to be replaced.You can also have the emission control.
  5. Slow acceleration, especially from stop. If driver steps on gas too hard to start (to compensate) tires will spin on dry pavement - no happy medium. (2014 Dodge Grand Caravan) It's the.

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT: rpms

1. g on triggers this response (or lack of)
  2. Discussion Starter · #1 · Aug 2, 2011. I have a 2007 RT with 33,345 miles on it. The ONLY modification (aside from tires) we have made is the addition of a K & N cool-air intake on it (about 2 years ago). For the past several months my car has been slow to respond and works like it is under a load, but isn't. The milage isn't real great.
  3. I enjoy listening to Car Talk, but never seem to be in the right place to ask this question which has evaded answering by all our mechanics so far. My husband is an artist and we travel in the midwest and in Florida year-round, driving our 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan which we love. We have 118,000 miles on the odometer now and a dent or two but otherwise it's in great shape. About 2 years ago.
  4. Discussion Starter · #1 · Jul 24, 2012. Hello. We have a 2001 Caravan (not Grand) SE with a 3.3l flex fuel engine. It has not been driving the best and has progressively gotten worse. The issue is that the engine hesitates (not quite stalling), more of a bogging down at the top of the shift range during hard acceleration
  5. Dodge Caravan*: Dodge Caravans offer standard stow-and-go seating for third-row seats, with optional seating for the second row. It's important to note that all models before the 2005 Grand Caravan did not offer stow-and-go seating. Acceleration can be sluggish: Some drivers have reported that the models that offer stow-and-go seating.

Hesitation only under slow, light, acceleration - Car

Loss of Power When Driving: When Driving the Dodge Caravan

Dodge / Grand Caravan / 2006 / 2006 3.3L grand caravan... 2006 3.3L grand caravan engine just started missing after a rapid deceleration, It causes slow acceleration, hesitate, jerk and stalls out Let me know but first shoot starting fluid where all the vaccum lines is see if there's any air lea 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.1L. Oil changed about 1,500 miles ago, so crankcase is full. Went driving in the mountains of NC yesterday. Oil light would briefly come on a couple of occasions after a good hour or two of driving winding, mountainous roads, whenever I stopped. Raced the engine briefly, it would go away The Dodge Caravan (and the long-wheelbase Dodge Grand Caravan) is a series of minivans that was produced by Chrysler.It was produced from the 1984 to 2020 model years and was offered as both a passenger van and a cargo van. The short-wheelbase Caravan was introduced alongside the Plymouth Voyager in 1983 and was marketed as the Dodge version of the Chrysler minivans

2002 Dodge Caravan SE AWD 0-60 mph 10.2 Quarter mile 17.4 Compare. 2004 Dodge Caravan SXT 0-60 mph 10.1 Quarter mile 17.2 Compare. Dodge Challenger 0 to 60 MPH & Quarter Mile Times. 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T SE 440 6 Pack 0-60 mph 5.8 Quarter mile 14.0 Compare. 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 0-60. Acceleration and Power. The 2016 Grand Caravan comes standard with a 283-horsepower, 3.6-liter V6 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. The EPA estimates the Grand Caravan gets up to 17/25 mpg city/highway, which is a little below average for a minivan. The V6 engine generates good power and acceleration, according to test drivers None of the engines were too slow, overall, with the 3.3 V6 standard on long wheelbase vans and the 150-horse, 2.4 four standard on short-wheelbase versions. The four lowered the price, but did little for fuel economy. For our test drive, Dodge provided us with the big 3.8 liter V6, which is essentially a long-stroke 3.3. The result is slightly. The engine of the Caravan comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission that makes it smooth but slow at the deceleration. As a result, this car's acceleration is slower than its competitors. On the other hand, this car is comfortable to ride, and the handle is also satisfying

The engine of the Caravan comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission that makes it slow but smooth at the deceleration. As a result, this car's acceleration is slower than its competitors. On the other hand, this car is comfortable to ride, and the handle is also satisfying Dodge Grand Caravan Repair Manuals. Your online Dodge Grand Caravan repair manual lets you do the job yourself and save a ton of money. No more eye-popping bills at the repair shop! Your manual pays for itself over and over again. RepairSurge covers the following production years for the Dodge Grand Caravan. Select your year to find out more 2002 Dodge Caravan 4dr Minivan. Remove coolant, flush cooling system, refill ($57.08). Replace ignition wiring ($117.85). Reprogram computer (brake & ABS light stay on-$72.00). One valve cover gasket replaced for an oil leak. Engine oil pan leak and rear valve cover replacement. Oil leak when sold

Asked by Chickscheckstuff2 Jan 04, 2018 at 01:20 AM about the 2002 Dodge Caravan eC FWD. Question type: General. AM purchasing 2002 Dodge. please be advised that we have had a peculiar & occasional acceleration problem with our 2005 dodge caravan with 63,000 miles, we were unable to accelerate on several occasions such as trying to pass in traffic, and/or trying to start up from a stop at a traffic light. the throttle felt blocked and the foot pedal would not move until stomped on. How reliable is the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger? See the most common repairs performed and learn if your vehicle is at risk for major repairs in the next 12 months

Dodge Grand Caravan Car Will Not Accelerate Problem

There's a single engine for all versions of the 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan: a 3.6-liter V6 that produces 283 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed automatic transmission sends power. A new Dodge EGR Valve costs anywhere from $50 to $200 and is replaced at the dealer on average. You will pay between $300 and $550. The EGR is mounted on your Dodge engine near the exhaust. In most Dodge vehicles, it is fairly easy to replace. This is a job that most DIYers can perform in their driveway as long as you have the correct tools It sputter, pulsed and died The 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan has one powertrain: a 283-horsepower V6 engine that generates good power and acceleration. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard. It generally shifts smoothly, though it can be slow to downshift at times

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Hesitates When Accelerating

Slow Acceleration As we discussed before, misfires can cause the O2 sensors to receive faulty information and generate a too rich or too lean mixture. Overly lean or rich mixtures can cause lowered acceleration and even put your car into limp mode , which will cause the vehicle to not rev over 3500 rpm's, and it will shut off the boost. Signs that your Dodge Caravan may need replacement spark plugs include slow acceleration, misfiring, hard starting, and poor gas mileage. If your Dodge Caravan needs replacement spark plugs, spark plug wires or coil boots, or other tune-up parts, O'Reilly Auto Parts carries a full range of ignition parts for your vehicle to help restore its. While driving in city traffic, I felt sluggish acceleration from a stop light. The next stop light the brakes felt hard, and again acceleration was slow. After a few minutes of driving I smelled my brakes burning and I took the car in to the closest repair shop. 2004 Dodge Caravan SXT, both rear brakes are all rusty inside. Springs, backing.

If your engine revs up as you press down on the accelerator but your vehicle doesn't accelerate as per usual or as you would expect, it's a troublesome sign that can lead to a full-blown transmission failure. Transmission slipping, or gears slipping, is one of the most common transmission problems on both manual and automatic transmissions. Rough idle. High Idle RPM. Rough/Slow Acceleration. Check engine light. Misfires & Backfires. High pitch noise from the engine. The engine is very sensitive to calculate all the air entering the engine to calculate the right air-fuel mixture. Therefore, a vacuum leak causes a lot of different symptoms. Here is a more detailed list of the most.

Indeed, acceleration is one of the Caravan's strong suits, with a 7.8-second -to-60-mph time (0.2 second better than in the '07 comparo), second only in its class to the Sienna. The heated. Fitz2901. Hi guys i got a 2019 Dodge durango rt and there are times when I hit that gas pedal to ooen up the engine and a little maybe during and after some hard acceleration there seems to be a burning smell in car almost smells like oil i gues burning. I always get out and check to see if i see any drips or anything but its clean under vehicle This version will hit a top speed of 160 mph. Of course, the most powerful version will be the SRT. It is powered by a 6.4 liter HEMI engine with 475 HP and 460 lb-ft (623 Nm) of torque. Dodge.

See 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Grand Caravan SE expert review and test drive results at NADAguides.com. and the AC has a slow Freon leak. Overall, it has been a good, dependable vehicle with lots of room to haul kids and stuff off to college. I will be purchasing another one like it and hope it makes it to 200,000 miles also Maybe the Caravan has been slow to get some of the upgrades we've seen in other Dodge models, but the powertrain left us with the impression it's not as refined as its competitors. Lyra even found. 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan - Spacious, reliable. I didn't like the styling or look of the Dodge Grand Caravan, however, it was very comfortable, and had ample room in the cabin and trunk. It has never produced noise until after 100,000 miles, when the power steering belt was slipping

sluggish acceleration Grand Caravan (2014, van, plugs

1. Find out Dodge's 0-60 mph and 0-100 km/h acceleration. Choose a model from the Caliber, Dakota, Journey, Nitro, Stealth, Caravan, Daytona, and other vehicles, and see graphs and ratings
  2. 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan 4dr Minivan, ext. 283-horsepower 3.6L V6 6-speed shiftable automatic FWD. 35000 mi. Seal in transmission went bad, needed replaced. Also flashed update for recall on transmission shift points. 3000 mi. Poor shifting, harsh engagement, and whistling/whining while slowing down
  3. Acceleration from 0-60 mph is hardly worth note, and although not the most important for the class, it's worth saying that independent tests found the Grand Caravan to be slower than most rivals.
  4. Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Caravan Mark 35 Family-Ferrying Years More News on Cars.com's Long-Term Test Cars Cars.com's Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews
  5. e accelerates a lot slower. It seems that my engine revs up slowly, and it tends to level off at around 2500 or 3000 rpm. Only when I step on the gas a lot more, will it..
  6. Used 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Performance and Interior. The 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan has a 283-horsepower V6 engine that produces adequate acceleration in most cases. However, it doesn't feel as.

Acceleration Problems As the engine speeds up, there needs to be adjustments to spark timing and fuel injection. Without accurate input from the crankshaft sensor, the engine control unit (ECU) can't make these adjustments as well as it should. This can result in slow or uneven acceleration. Reduced Gas Mileag Launch Control. Hi, so i just got a new car a dodge challenger R/T Scat Pack and i love it and i want to take it to a drag strip, but i am completely new to this and i have a questions about launch control. When using launch control i set it to 1500-2000 but am i supposed to do full acceleration like pedal to the medal or like slow into it like. Replace the speed sensor if you notice electrical problems with the speedometer along with a sluggish transmission upon acceleration. The speed sensor sends a signal to the speedometer. Speedometer problems can also affect cruise control. Change the engine control module next to the battery if your Dodge Caravan prefers cold weather The bottom of the Dodge Grand Caravan lineup is powered by a 175-hp, 3.3-liter V-6; in a van that can weigh well over 4000 pounds, this engine is heavily taxed. Moving up to the 197-hp, 3.8-liter.

Its infotainment system feels slow and outdated, nestled in a cabin filled with cheap, hard plastics. Like the Voyager, the Grand Caravan offers no standard safety features. Its V6 engine is weak on the acceleration front and gets terrible gas mileage, only 17 mpg combined city/highway Affected models are 2013 Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country and Ram Cargo Van. In another recall announced on Wednesday, Chrysler said 69,000 of its 2013 Ram 1500 pickup trucks with all-wheel drive may have an electronic stability control software glitch

Dodge Grand Caravan Engine hesitates during acceleration

FEBRUARY 2016-- FCA US LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2009 Dodge Journey vehicles manufactured December 31, 2007, to August 31, 2008, 2008-2009 Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country vehicles manufactured June 18, 2007, to August 31, 2008, and 2009 Volkswagen Routan vehicles manufactured August 11, 2008, to August 31. MyAirbags is proud to offer Dodge ORCM Airbag Module Reset and Dodge Seat Belt Pretensioner Repair services to get your Dodge back on the road again safely. Avoid the unnecessary expensive dealership prices and trust in MyAirbags to repair and return your airbag module and your seat belts within 24 hours of receiving it, 100% guaranteed or. DODGE CARAVAN: 2008-2012. DODGE DURANGO: 2011-2013. DODGE GRAND CARAVAN: 2008-2014. I was moving slow and straightening the wheel approximately two to three feet from the sidewalk curb, when the engine acceleration surged and my van lurched forward. who states there is no problem with this van and they have had absolutely no complaints. 2017 Dodge Caravan. Great vehicle, love the stow and go seating, great mpg, no issues with this vehicle at all, our 2nd one, our first hit 180K when traded and its still on the road. Recommended. Pros. stow and go, remote starter, power doors. Cons Spark Knock is a pinging noise, rattling or knocking which might be heard while the engine is working hard under load (passing on the highway, towing a trailer, driving up a mountain, etc.) or is accelerating. When the fuel is detonating it called spark knock. Detonation is when the fuel explodes rather than burning

Dodge Avenger Mechanical Problems and Questions. 3.6l p06de code. hard acceleration on high ways passing idiots going slow in fast lane, on back roads pushing it hard but never popped a code like this The 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan SE has an MSRP of $26,250. It comes with remote keyless entry, tri-zone manual climate control, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a rearview camera, third-row Stow 'n. 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan problem with Suspension. 2001 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN Suspension problems. IT IS ALSO VERY HARD TO TURN THE STEERING WHEEL WHEN GOING SLOW. THE ENGINE HAS A FLAT SPOT DURING ACCELERATION, AND I GET ABOUT 11 MILES PER GALLON IN THE CITY, AND ABOUT 15-16 MILES PER GALLON ON THE HIGHWAY..

A common problem for the Dodge Ram pick up truck is to have low airflow even though the blower fan can be heard loud and strong. Usually the problem is because of a broken fresh air door - AKA recirculate door. The fresh air door is located behind the glove box area. What can happen is the door can break and fall down covering the blower fan. N/A Worst Weak OK Good Great. We had a 1998 Dodge caravan and its transmission went at 155000 Kilometers, 1500$ to replace. We then bought a 2002 dodge caravan , it has about 133000 Kilometers on it and the transmission is starting to slip and jerk, unfortunately it seems like another transmission problem Symptoms of a P00FD Dodge Grand Caravan diagnostic trouble code may include: The light may stay on or light intermittently as the DPF regenerates. The engine will be sluggish on acceleration. Faulty PCM; If the DPF is not cleared the ECU will revert to the Limp Home Mode until the situation is corrected Diminished fuel efficienc Original review: April 5, 2020. I purchased a slightly used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan and I still own and drive it daily. It has a little over 100K miles and it runs great There are several reasons why a throttle body may fail to work properly. Dirt buildup on the surface of a throttle body can clog the butterfly valve, causing rough idling, hard starts or stalls, vacuum leaks, and sluggish acceleration. This is why your throttle body requires periodic cleaning and maintenance

Today's Dodge Grand Caravan eX and Honda Odyssey EX define the heart of the minivan market where transaction prices average $26,000-$27,000. The Kia Sedona EX showed up with a low-ball sticker of. I have a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan. I have 70000 miles on the car. We have had 2 problems with the transmission - cost $1,000. We have replaced 3 hoses cost $850.00. The dealer told me Chrysler used inferior hoses that will all eventually have to be replaced. Cost to be determined. The car idles very roughly. The front end needs new sway bars

Hesitating Stalls Sputters High Speeds Solved. Dodge Ram Idles Rough Or Stalls 1500 2500 3500. 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Vibration During Accelerationat. 1998 V 10 Idles Smooth Then Sputters On Acceleration. Throttle Position Sensor Replacement 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Cost of diagnosing the P0304 DODGE code Labor: 1.0 The cost of diagnosing the P0304 DODGE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour You can diagnose the dying plug by rough idling (especially after cold start) and erratic, slow acceleration. In many vehicles, an issue with a plug can trigger the check engine light. Having noticed that, don't hesitate to visit our store and order our high-quality Dodge Caravan spark plugs for replacement The most common noises cars make during acceleration is either a sucking wooshing sort of sound or a loud exhaust noise. I have a 2000 dodge caravan. My husband just replaced the thermostat but now while accelerating the van makes a whining and almost grinding sound. the car makes a funny low whaling whining noise when I slow down.

2014 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Driven - Automobile Magazine5 Forgotten Toyota Models | The Daily Drive | Consumer

The Tradesman gives up the Grand Caravan's rear seats, which means that there's little weight to slow it down as it pushes 280 hp. While we don't condone frequent bouts of high-speed acceleration, let's just say that you'll have no trouble keeping up with traffic in the Tradesman Have one timeing advance sensor got s little slow on mine through trotle off.now that was a bad week hunting it up just thought. If gas firing and timeing not on money you can get hesitation if either of a blink either way good luck hope it works out for you.one last thing you might check air filter and sensor at breather box may be smothering. My 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 makes a rattling noise in the cabin when I start to accelerate slowly but once I'm accelerated faster it goes away and the sound is coming from the steering column. Can u please help me. Eddie Carrara (author) from New Hampshire on November 17, 2019: Hi Violet